If you’re like me. You’ll believe life should be honest & fair to all…
I know this is fairy tale stuff & was probably instilled in me from a very young age. But I really do sometimes struggle to face. That this isn’t always true…
Our team & I have come to the realisation though. It’s still always worth trying to make good win & to be as fair as we can be with all our customers, suppliers & partners.
Values are something slightly different though…
Values are judgment calls that you make, which uphold the moral & ethical principles governing you & your team. They dictate your behaviour & breed responsibility. Team members can even hold each other accountable to them.
Some examples of business values could be:
- Passion is at the heart of our company
- We take personal accountability
- We treat everyone with respect & dignity
- Continuous improvement is our aim
- We genuinely care about others
For us though. We have 3 guiding principles that capture ‘why we do what we do’:
- Simple – easy to do business with no complex or misleading terms
- Honest – fixed price guarantees & no hidden or extra charges
- Service – our customers always come first. With fast deliveries & guaranteed response times
What about you though. What’s your guiding principles (values)?